Last Updated: November 7, 2019
- Information That We Collect From You
We may collect information from you, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
- Browsing our Site. We collect IP address information from you when you browse our Site.
- Requesting a Taki video. When you request a video, we will collect the information that you provide in the video request form, including your name, the email address to which you want the video sent, the name of the recipient (if not you) to whom you want the video addressed, and any details or information you provide with respect to how you want your Taki video to be customized and what you’d like the video creator (“Creator”) to say. Your name, the name of the recipient, and the information you provide with respect to the customization of the Taki video may be shared on our Site, along with the completed Taki video. As part of the request, you will also need to submit payment information, which we will process for pre-authorization holds and to share with our third party payment provider.
- Account Creation. You may be able to create an account on the Site. If you choose to do so, you will need to create a user name and a password and provide your name, email address, mobile phone number and/or other contact information, and payment card information, which we may store if you choose to save it to your account. We will use your account information to track records of transactions that you make and activity that you conduct on the Site.
- Customer Service. If you need assistance, you may provide information to our customer service support, which we will use to better your experience and to contact you if we need to follow up on a service request that you’ve made.
- Promotions and Events. You may have the opportunity to participate in promotional events or engagements, and as part of such events may be asked to provide your name, email address, mobile phone number, and mailing address for prize delivery. We will use this information to assess the progress of the promotion, improve on the promotion and to plan future promotions and engagements. We will use your mailing address or other contact information provided for the promotion to deliver your prize, if applicable, and, if you opt-in, for our own marketing purposes, unless you opt-out. We may also share your information provided to us to Taki Creators to assist them with understanding the nature of Taki users engaged with promotions.
- Becoming a Creator. When you use our Site as a Creator, you will provide us with information about yourself, including your name, email address, mobile phone number, image, bio, introduction video and other information relating to your engagement and transactions through the Site. We will use this information to present your profile to users who may want to request Taki videos from you, and for other purposes to improve your Creator experience and the experiences of users on the Site.
- Collection Through Third Parties. We may engage third parties to collect information from you relating to your engagement with our Site, products and services, including your IP address, country from where you access our Services, cookie information, hardware and software information and other analytics and technical information. These parties include data analytics vendors and related companies. We may use this information to analyze the effectiveness of our products and services and to understand your preferences and interactions with our Site, products and services. We may also combine this information with other data that we already have about you.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may collect certain Personal Data using cookies and other technologies such as web beacons, device IDs, advertising IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We use these technologies to provide you with an improved user experience on our Site, including to save your preferences for future visits to our Site. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising.
We do not currently honor “Do Not Track” signals.
If you disable cookies, adjust privacy settings on your device, restrict local storage, or otherwise limit these technologies, you may not be able to use some of our Site features.
- How We Use Information
We use your information for various purposes, including:
- To keep in touch with you about your transactions on the Site and to let you know about changes to our policies, when applicable;
- To learn about your preferences and activities in order to improve our Site and our products and services;
- To maintain our legal and business obligations relating to internal controls, document retention and record keeping;
- To gather and analyze aggregate data about Site traffic and engagement, which may include anonymizing your information in a manner that it is no longer identifiable;
- To improve our content, promotions and advertising; and
- How We Share Information
We may share or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To provide to service providers and vendors who perform services for us. These third parties may use your information to provide you with services, but they will not use your information for their own marketing purposes without your consent;
- To third party advertising networks and other advertising companies, to help us serve advertisements;
- To law enforcement and other parties in order to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or investigation, including to protect the rights of our users; and
- To effectuate a sale of assets, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other transaction. In the event of such transaction, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Data collected via the Site.
In addition, any information that is not Personal Data or that is aggregated and/or de-identified in a manner that may no longer be associated with you may be shared by us in our discretion with third parties.
- Third Party Advertising
We sometimes use third party ad networks and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on and off our Site. In the United States (“US”), the Network Advertising Initiative offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 to learn more. In the European Union (“EU”), the EDAA provides additional information at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that opting-out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising.
- Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect information online from children under 13 (note that the minimum age may vary based on location, and on local law). If you become aware that a child has provided us with their information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with their information, we will take steps to remove the data without delay.
- Managing Preferences or Withdrawing Consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent with future effect and without affecting the lawfulness of processing of your Personal Data based on the consent you provided before you withdrew it, and exercise other controls regarding website and online data collection, your communication settings, and app preferences. Depending on the service or product, collection and use of Personal Data may be required for the service or product to be provided.
If you do not want to provide Personal Data to us that we request from you, you can choose not to provide it. Depending on what the Personal Data is that you choose not to provide, we may not be able to provide certain services or products.
We may send you promotional communications if you opt-in to receive such communications. If you do not want to receive promotional communications, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link, or other mechanism to unsubscribe that is provided in all promotional communications. Note that you may still receive transactional messages about your account or services or products that you have requested, even if you opt-out of promotional communications.
- Data Retention
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request. If you want to make a deletion request, correct any Personal Data that you have provided to us, or have questions about our data retention practices generally, please email us at email@example.com.
- Data Security
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data. By using the Site or otherwise providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via the Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- Third Party Sites
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. If you have questions about our disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to: Taki Privacy, P.O. Box 191373, San Francisco, CA 94119. Please put “Shine the Light” in the subject line of your request.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you have created an account on our Site, you may request that we remove content or information that you have publicly posted by sending an email message to email@example.com that includes: your mailing address and a detailed description of the content or information. Subject to legal requirements and our data retention policies, we may either remove your Personal Data or all related content.
- European Economic Area and UK Resident Privacy Rights
Taki takes steps to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. We are a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
If you reside in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your Personal Data, including confirmation if we are processing it and the purposes of the processing.
- The right to correct your Personal Data, as permitted by law.
- The right to ask us to delete your Personal Data, which may be exercised, among other reasons, (i) when your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) when you withdraw consent from the purposes for which we processed it and where we have no other legal ground for processing; (iii) when you object to processing and we have no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; or, (iv) when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data, including where the processing is unlawful or when the accuracy of your Personal Data is contested.
- The right to data portability of your Personal Data, where technically feasible.
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, including processing for direct marketing purposes, where we have no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests.
Our processing of your Personal Data is performed for specific purposes:
- We process your Personal Data for the legitimate purpose to provide you with services and products, including to enable your requests for Taki videos from Creators, improve our Site, enhance your experience with our Site products and services, maintain your account, and provide you with technical support or customer service assistance.
- We process your Personal Data if we receive your consent to do so, including to provide you with promotional information about our Site, our Creators and our products and services.
- We may process your Personal Data if we have legal grounds to do so, including in response to any legal process, internal investigation, and in connection with any investigation, action, enforcement, or litigation, including to protect the rights of our users.
You can exercise your rights outlined above by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to: Taki Privacy, P.O. Box 191373, San Francisco, CA 94119. Please include a detailed description of the right that you are exercising and the action that you are requesting that we take.
While we encourage you to contact us directly and allow us to work with you to address your concerns, you also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Data Protection Authority in the EU Member State where you reside, work or the place of the alleged infringement. You may exercise that right if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes applicable data protection laws.
- International Transfers
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints about how we handle your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at:
P.O. Box 191373
San Francisco, CA 94119